Our Mission is to provide opportunities for area talent to study and perform a wide range of opera repertoire; to introduce opera to young people and the general public through performances, workshops and educational programs and to foster collaborations between creative and interpretive artists and technicians.
The Delaware Valley Opera is a member of the Delaware Valley Arts Alliance, the Arts Council for Sullivan County, NY. Our address is P.O. Box 505, Callicoon, New York 12723 and phone (845) 887-3083.
The DVO has been in residence each summer at the Tusten Theatre since 1991. A town-owned, former movie house, the Tusten Theatre is located at 210 Bridge Street in Narrowsburg, and is managed by the Delaware Valley Arts Alliance.
We look forward to this summer as the Delaware Valley Opera continues its 4th decade with a season that’s sure to please!
Gala Season Kick Off - Saturday, June 22, 2019
Join us at the Delaware Youth Center in Callicoon, New York for an evening of music and good food as we showcase some of the incredible talent the DVO has to offer. Offering a tasty buffet that will appeal to your appetite, along with a taste of the season’s upcoming productions which will whet your musical appetite for the upcoming productions to follow close on the heels of our season kick off event!
Gian Carlo Menotti’s “The Telephone” and “The Medium”
July 27 & 28, August 3 & 4, 2019
These two short operas by Gian Carlo Menotti, known to many as the composer of Amahl and the Night Visitors, were first paired as a double bill when originally produced in the late 1940s.
The Telephone, or L’Amour à trois is a humorous look at the way the telephone became a third party in the romantic relationship between a young couple, Lucy and Ben. Written over seventy years ago, we can still relate to the way this ubiquitous invention plays a large role in our lives today!
The Medium is a darker piece, exploring the boundaries of reality for all involved in the drama. In today’s world, where more and more we are challenged to assess what is real and what is “fake news,” Madame Flora’s struggle with this issue leads to a sad and tragic ending.
Gilbert & Sullivan’s “H.M.S. Pinafore”
August 17 & 18 and 24 & 25, 2019
Join us as the Her Majesty’s Ship, the Pinafore, drops anchor in Portsmouth and welcomes Sir Joseph Porter and his bevy of sisters, cousins, and aunts aboard. One of G&S’s earliest and most popular creations, you’ll see why it became a cultural sensation, sailing on a sea of tunes ranging from bouncy to beautiful!
We have some exciting news to share! We’ve recently partnered with a program called the RoundUp App that allows you to “round up” the change from your debit or credit card purchases and donate it to us monthly. Take a look at this 90 second video that explains how it works:
This is a way for you to support our mission just by donating your change. It’s small change for you but truly a game changer for us, so we would be honored if you would commit to give in this way. You can download the app for iPhone, Android or create an account on the Web.
Please let us know if we can answer any questions or provide more information. Our mission would not be possible without you, so thank you again for your loyalty and support!
We are a member company of Opera America and we are proud of the professional quality of our productions and our artists. Explore our work through Videos, Production Photography, Cast lists and Program notes.
- 2018 Mozart's Magic Flute
- 2018 Gilbert and Sullivan - "Cox and Box" and "Trial by Jury"
- 2017 The Messiah Sing-Along - Dec 17 in Monticello NY - FREE
- 2017 Spring Concerts "Lots of Songs About Birds" and "Lots of Songs About Animals"
- 2017 Season
- 2017 River Revels, a Medieval Feast and Music
- 2017 Leonard Bernstein's "Trouble in Tahiti"
- 2017 Gilbert and Sullivan "The Mikado"
- 2017 Annual Gala "DVO Opera Vaudeville and Cabaret"
- 2016 Season
- 2016 Die Fledermaus
- 2016 CARMEN
- 2015 The Barber of Seville
- 2015 Recitals of Aria and Song, at the National Opera Center, NYC
- 2015 Opera Takes a Holiday - Christmas
- 2015 Handel's Messiah: Community Sing-Along
- 2015 Dickens on the Delaware in Callicoon NY
- 2015 Concert of Duets & Arias, the National Opera Center, NYC
- 2015 Barsness & Berg & Guests in Recital
- 2014 The Masque of the Red Death
- 2014 Mozart's "The Impresario"
- 2014 Messiah Sing-In
- 2014 Live Broadcast on WJFF Radio Catskill
- 2014 La Traviata
- 2014 DVO Reunion Party Honoring Carol Hoehn Diefenbach
- 2014 Benefit Concert with Soprano Eileen Mackintosh
- 2014 Amahl and the Night Visitors
- 2013 Youth Opera Experience
- 2013 Verdi’s La Traviata
- 2013 The Impresario
- 2013 Savor the Arts - June 9, 2013
- 2013 Opera Advantage
- 2013 Mostly Figaro
- 2013 July Concerts
- 2013 Hansel and Gretel
- 2013 Abduction from the Seraglio
- 2012 Youth Opera Experience
- 2012 The Merry Wives of Windsor
- 2012 Rigoletto
- 2012 Otello
- 2012 Kiss Me Kate
- 2012 Amahl and the Night Visitors
- 2012 Abduction from the Seraglio
- 2012 "All's Well That Ends Well" Gala Fundraising Concert
- 2011 The Elixir of Love
- 2011 Season Photo Gallery
- 2011 Hansel and Gretel
- 2011 Gala Concert "Singers of the Valley"
- 2011 Eugene Onegin